Fannie Mae Careers
Internal Controls Tech Mgr
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
- Confer with management of units whose technology risk is tracked to understand technology processes and to identify likely intersections, handoffs, bottlenecks and access points where technology risk is greater. Establish metrics for the business unit.
- Assign staff in assessing, measuring, and reporting technology risk, using established methodology and criteria.
- Assign and prioritize work to staff according to corporate standards and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Assess proprietary applications developed for staff to use in aggregating, analyzing, and assessing risk in the course of studying assigned units. Suggest business or system requirements to technical staff for refinements of these applications.
- Prepare assessments or reports for business unit management, division or corporate management. Suggest adaptations to risk assessment tools, policies, or procedures based on empirical data generated by current experience.
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams.
- 6 to 8 years of relevant experience
- MS Excel, MS Access and/or MS Project
- Mortgage Banking and/or previous Fannie Mae-specific experience
- Extensive knowledge/experience in Technology Risk Management.
- Skilled in executing and supervising technology risk assessments demonstrating strong knowledge and industry best practices/frameworks (COBIT 5, ISO 27002, NIST, ITIL, etc.) relating to IT processes such as cyber/information security, technical privacy, technical resiliency/business continuity, incident/problem management, data management, configuration/change management, systems development/deployment (SDLC, DevOps), as well as technology platforms and solutions (UNIX, Oracle, Windows, network devices, tools, etc.).
- Skilled in executing and supervising control design assessments, identifying key risks, controls and gaps, and process efficiencies while delivering comprehensive documentation of the process and controls in narrative form, supporting flow diagram, and mapping of risks and controls.
- Skilled in assessing effectiveness of key controls through varied approaches including inspection and analytics.
- Highly successful in applying critical thinking and analytical skills to help manage risk and solve problems that staff raises (e.g., analyzing root cause of issues, impact to technology and required corrective actions).
- Ability to assess and develop resourcing plans, timelines, and deliverables for high level control design requirements for strategic programs.
- Ability to perform Quality Assurance reviews on staff deliverables including control design assessments, utilizing industry best practices to help.
- Prior experience working on a large-scale change initiative to provide design leadership in large or complex development projects involving application development, migrations, and additions to existing applications.
- Prior experience includes 6+ years in a related control discipline (e.g. Risk Management, Strategic Initiatives, Internal /External Audit, Operations, etc.). Big 4 assurance or advisory experience a plus.
- Extensive knowledge/experience in areas of Information Technology and/or Risk Management required. CISA or CISSP certification required. Mortgage Banking and/or previous Fannie Mae-specific experience is a plus.
- Proven success in relationship building with management level business partners.
- Strong leadership, communication, strategic thinking and planning abilities.
- Experience and proven success in project management and managing staff that are executing multiple concurrent assignments.
- Organized and analytical with a keen attention to detail.
- Expert use of MS Software such as MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access. Experience with collaboration tools such as MS SharePoint and GRC systems a plus.
- Effectively manage and lead a team of risk associates and conduct skills competency assessments in order to develop team learning plan and address gaps. Coach and educate staff on their assignments in support of risk management approaches.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 54631