Fannie Mae Careers
Service Design Project Lead
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
We are a growing team of strategists, storytellers, researchers, ethnographers, and rebels at the forefront of design at Fannie Mae. Our mission is to provide access to reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times. Our Customer Experience Design team is a part of the larger Strategy, Insight and Marketing organization, focused on reinventing the company, putting design at the forefront of our business, and transforming how it fulfills this promise into the future. Our designers are passionate about creating customer-centric solutions that will keep the idea of home within reach for more Americans.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Identify opportunities to enhance the customer experience by gaining a deep understanding through research.
- Use service design principles (frontstage, backstage, etc.) and tools (personas, customer journey maps, service blueprinting, etc.) to develop insights about customer needs, expectations, pain points and opportunities.
- Proactively build partnerships with key stakeholders to strengthen trust and collaboration.
- Collaborate with partners to co-develop a solution that solves for their unique and complex business problems.
- Oversee user research engagements including empathy interviews, ethnographic observation, workflow analysis, and contextual inquiry of customers.
- Use research to develop profiles of various customer archetypes and personas to guide the evolution of experiences.
- Create detailed journey maps and other data visualizations to create a holistic view of an ecosystem, including digital and other channels.
- Track team portfolio of projects and commitments to manage current and forecast future engagements.
- Provide regular reporting to leadership on the progress and impact of your team’s design engagements.
- Serve as an advocate and educator of design; providing translation of design culture and skill sets to stakeholders that have little or no familiarity in working with
- Bachelor's Degree in design-related field, social sciences, or closely related discipline or equivalent required
- Graduate degree (preferred): MFA / MDes / MBA / MPS in Design, Service Design, Interdisciplinary Design, Interaction Design, Industrial Design or related field
- 4+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience with Service Design, Design Thinking and Qualitative Research techniques and methodologies required.
- Experience partnering with a variety of business stakeholders and with a wide variety of business problems required.
- Excellent communication skills at various levels of management including senior executives and customer and industry partners.
- Proven designs and experience working on services that have been implemented in the real world.
- Experience crafting a project vision, execution strategy and client relationships.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues, clients and key stakeholders.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 54612