Fannie Mae Careers
Software Engineer II - GRC Implementation
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The Corporate Systems Technology group at Fannie Mae is looking for a Software Engineer with full stack development skills to develop and enhance a cloud-based GRC Platform that is being implemented across the enterprise. The selected Software Engineer will participate in all phases of the SDLC to enhance, deploy, and integrate the tool with other Fannie Mae systems.
Fannie Mae deploys cutting-edge technologies from architectural design through application development and data integration. As a result, we are leveraging the best products in the open-source community, developing our own tools, and continually improving our products and practices over time through rapid iteration cycles.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised application.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Mentor less experienced staff.
- Set up and configure a continuous integration environment.
- Intermediate proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in 1-2 languages (e.g. Java, etc).
- Intermediate proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis. Intermediate proficiency in application of analysis/design engineering functions. Intermediate proficiency in application of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability, etc. Intermediate proficiency in applying behavior-driven testing techniques.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of related experience
- Intellectual curiosity, self-starter, embraces continuous improvement, and execution-oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Understanding and knowledge of SDLC, specifically Agile/Scrum and development of continuous integration and test-driven development environments
- Strong attention to detail in high-pressure situations
- Confidence and knowledge in solving complex problems
- Ability to interface competently with other technical team members to finalize requirements
- Previous experience, skills, and knowledge surrounding implementation of MetricStream GRC Platform may include Policy & Document Management, Case Management, Issue Management, Operational Risk Management, Third Party Management, Internal Audit Management, Survey Management, etc. (NOT REQUIRED, BUT DESIRED)
- Familiarity with basic networking and infrastructure design principles
- Understanding of software architecture and design patterns, best code practices, defensive programming and able to write framework-level code
- Good understanding of load balancing, app server clustering, network, infrastructure and single sign-on (SSO) based web application development
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 54535