Fannie Mae Careers
Senior Enterprise Architect
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Plan and design methods for the optimization and integration of various forms of technology systems or policies and high level principals. Apply varied engineering and design theories to produce robust, integrated functioning of various systems, technology interfaces, and/or overarching information policies and high level principles. Assess functioning of overall technology and communications systems and end-to-end processes and to look for ways to upgrade and optimize systems and processes in the future. Work across the architecture and technology organization to ensure effective implementation, architecture compliance and conflict resolution. May participate in projects to upgrade or install workstations, networks, or software, or to assess and optimize overall functioning of technology, data and processes.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- May serve as lead or technical expert to define and maintain the architectural frameworks/patterns, processes, standards and guidelines related to systems, business or data architecture.
- Define core and support technology, data entities, business functions and/or subject areas that transcend organizational and functional boundaries.
- Provide technical and architectural subject matter expertise to the various development teams including communicating architectural decisions and mentoring other technical staff around the various development technologies and decisions.
- May serve as lead, technical expert to team(s) concerned with development, networking and/or project management to coordinate changes and support enterprise technology initiatives.
- Conduct studies of new technologies to provide more efficient and cost effective architecture solutions
- Oversee multiple projects in order to preserve the architectural vision and protect stakeholder interests as well as to meet operational and financial reporting requirements
- Promote and educate stakeholders on the use and value of optimized architecture(s)
- Confer with business units and application development staff to understand both the business and technical requirements and to define architectural constraints
- Create performance metrics and traceability maps to determine the effectiveness of architecture solutions and facilitate governance.
- Keep abreast of relevant architecture best practices.
- May review work of other team members and mentor junior architects
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science, Math, or other engineering discipline
- A minimum of 10 years in defining current and target state architectures, transition architectures and roadmaps
- Good understanding of various Cloud Technologies, industry trends and solutioning experience in Public, Private, Hybrid Cloud and PaaS will be essential
- Experience with developing solution architecture across multiple architecture domains such as business, data, integration, and application
- A minimum of 3 years using Architecture Modeling tools like Mega, IBM System Architect, Troux, Rational Software Architect etc.
- A minimum of 5 years with Enterprise Architecture frameworks like TOGAF, DoDAF, FEAF etc
- A minimum of 5 years providing solutions based on Event Driven Architecture, Services Orchestration
- A minimum of 10 years of hands-on Java design and development
- A minimum of 5 years using TIBCO or Similar Service Orchestration tool set
- A minimum of 5 years implementing Java open source frameworks (i.e., Spring, Hibernate etc.)
- A minimum of 5 years implementing both RESTful and SOAP web services using JEE stack
- A minimum of 10 years of solutioning for projects implementing agile and waterfall methodologies
- A minimum of 10 years with relational databases such as Oracle, AWS RDS, NoSQL
- A minimum of 5 years with application servers and containers such as JBoss, Tomcat, WebLogic, Oracle Application Server
- A minimum of 5 years in selecting and integrating COTS solutions
- A minimum of 5 years with performance optimizations such as improving scalability, availability, throughput, failover, etc.
- A minimum of 5 years leading architecture efforts that requires close collaboration with project teams
- AWS Solution Architect Associate or Professional certification
- Ability to work with both senior management level executives and development teams
- Excellent communication, presentation, and documentation skills
- Professional demeanor
- Nice to have: TOGAF Certification
- Nice to have: Mortgage Industry knowledge experience
- Nice to have: Good understanding of Advanced Analytics concepts/ Data Science – exposure to applying statistical models on large/enterprise-grade data
- Nice to have: VMware, Containers knowledge or certification
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 54484