Fannie Mae Careers
Software Engineer Manager - Loan Accounting
Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
- Collaborate with Product Managers to develop a product roadmap with achievable estimates; ensuring software engineering priorities are included within the roadmap.
- Manage stakeholder expectations, engage and interact regularly
- Work closely with software engineers and other engineering managers to architect, develop and deliver the best solutions.
- Guide teams during execution, lending expertise and strategic thinking to ensure business alignment.
- Coordinate and administer assignments, monitor team progress, and maintain schedules. Develop team members and provide ongoing professional guidance and direction.
- Provide expertise for teams in all matters related to deployment, building and release process.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies. Help team to improve its Agile maturity.
- Motivate the teams to leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 7+ years of related experience
- 5+ years of experience in the role of a Software Engineering Manager
- 2+ years of experience with Agile Methodology (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, and/or Scaled Agile Framework).
- People Management
- Demonstrated experience leading/managing highly technical teams including: hiring, training, coaching and development
- 3+ years of experience with Agile Methodology (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, and/or Scaled Agile Framework)
- Technology Management:
- Excellent technology skills and proven track record building major platforms using different technologies (Java/JEE, ETL, Cloud, etc.)
- Ability to lead the development and release of one or more Software Development projects in the Loan Accounting Organization
- Stakeholder Management:
- Partner effectively with leaders across the organization, and communicate with stakeholders up and down the organization in both business and technology
- Effective in communicating issues, risks and accomplishments to business stakeholders, senior leadership, product teams, and customers
- Ability to develop strategies and solutions of high business value while becoming a trusted partner of business users and executives
- Passion for continuous learning and leveraging new technologies (e.g. MicroServices, Angular, Java API’s etc.)
- Experience with Cloud and Big Data technologies (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Experience in test automation and CI/CD pipeline
- Experience in Mortgage loan originations domain is preferred
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 54460