Fannie Mae Careers
Compensation Analyst IV
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Plan, design, and administer base, variable, and incentive pay programs for the organization's employees. Conduct market pricing exercises and analyses. Revise existing programs in accordance with management priorities and changing market conditions. Advise management on compensation programs and issues affecting current and prospective staff, and interpret policies affecting particular situations.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Confer with senior management, HR generalists, and business unit management to determine needs for specific compensation program analyses, policy analysis, market studies, unit compensation analysis, and the like.
- Conduct analyses of pay for individual employees, prospective hires, or individual work units. Analyze and report findings on market pay practice, on internal equity issue, or on industry/regional pay practices.
- Work with employment/recruiting staff to prepare employment offers that are consistent with corporate compensation philosophy and policies.
- Confer with vendor(s) representing a variety of compensation surveys, compensation consulting organizations, market data aggregation and display firms, and the like to communicate the company's needs and interests.
- Plan and design analytical exercises where no template or previous analytical model exists. Suggest analytical methods or designs to manager, HR, or business unit management to meet managerial needs for compensation information.
- Confer with management that is planning or executing major staffing increase, organizational change, or realignment of staffing to ensure adherence to compensation policies and achievement of compensation objectives consistent with those policies.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required.
- 6+ years of related experience.
- Takes a consultative approach balancing customer and business objectives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to collect and distill information, define problems, and create data-based solutions.
- Ability to work effectively and establish a course of action when there is ambiguity.
- High attention to detail and focus on information accuracy.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 54242