Fannie Mae Careers
Manager, Compensation & Benefits
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Manages a team that designs, implements, communicates, and administers employee benefits programs and employee base, variable, and incentive pay programs for the organization. Ensure programs are managed in accordance with regulatory and compliance requirements, management priorities and changing market conditions. Advise management on compensation and benefits programs and issues affecting current and prospective employees, and interpret policies and program features. Serve as a representative of the unit and hire, train, and develop staff.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Serve as advisor and reviewer of unit staff key deliverables to ensure work products are timely, accurate, consistent, and comprehensive.
- Direct the planning and administration of cyclical compensation and benefits processes, audits and reviews.
- Serve as a representative of the unit with HR generalists, business unit management, internal oversight functions and external stakeholders. Manage governance for the unit, including policy, procedure and practices oversight.
- Confer with management that is planning or executing a major staffing increase, organizational change, or realignment of staffing to ensure adherence to compensation policies and achievement of compensation objectives consistent with those policies. Provide thought leadership and analytical expertise on business unit management’s most complex issues.
- Serve as an escalation point for questions on the interpretation of program features for the organization’s compensation and benefits programs.
- Track legislation and regulatory matters affecting employee benefits and compensation and help to assess effects on how the organization’s programs should be designed, reported, communicated and administered.
- Confer with vendors representing a variety of benefits and compensation support services, consulting organizations, market data aggregation and display firms, and the like to communicate the company's needs and interests.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required.
- 6+ years of related experience.
- Takes a consultative approach balancing customer and business objectives.
- Can effectively develop the team’s skills, provide feedback, and encourage development.
- Able to handle day-to-day operations as well as set and implement longer-term objectives.
- Is a proactive problem solver capable of achieving results in a collaborative environment.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audiences, including senior management.
- Experience solving complex compensation issues through quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Experience staying abreast of the changing regulatory environment for benefits and setting a long-term benefits strategy that considers employee value and business considerations.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 54241