Fannie Mae Careers
Business Analyst II
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Examine, assess, and document business operations and procedures of a financial management, product, or trading unit. Relate these procedures to IT/IS systems and applications that are designed to enable the operating unit to accomplish its objectives. Assist operating unit staff by developing reports, downloads, and analyses from discipline-specific systems and applications. Provide input to IT/IS specialists in development projects to assist in developing specifications and functionalities in financial IT systems.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assess procedures and business processes in a financial management, accounting, transactional, or business operations unit for methods of automating them or improving existing applications supporting them.
- Participate in meetings with financial management, Accounting, or product management staff and application developers and project managers to plan development or upgrades of applications used by their offices or business units.
- Participate in planning testing and acceptance of newly developed financial management software by client group who will be using it.
- May provide support to applications in production by tracking and troubleshooting problems and ensuring continued and efficient operation of application in production, and full access by its users.
- Develop queries, analyses, or reports from financial management applications for operations or management staff of assigned business unit.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of related experience
2+ years of related requirements/analysis experience
Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Ability to document highly complex business processes
Ability to translate high level business requirements into functional and system requirements
Work with development teams to create or refine design documentation.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, Finance, Economics or related field
Excellent knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)/ & Agile methodology
Knowledge of requirement tools, such as DOORS, JIRA , desired
Strong analytical skills
At least one of the two required:
Technical knowledge and experience – such as programming (Web Services, C++, Java, SAS, Hadoop, Python or R)
Financial Mortgage Industry experience / Secondary Mortgage experience – such as accounting, pricing, valuation, loss allowance, loss forecast or home price forecast
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 54009