Fannie Mae Careers
Senior Simcorp Developer
Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. Lead, or play lead technical role in development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Participate in or review all of the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised applications or large/complex development projects.
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Demonstrated results and competence developing Simcorp DFS/DEX and any configuration changes/processes. The desire to think broadly about their responsibilities and continually refine and improve the way they work, and be able to share that with others
- Develop configurations and data format setups & data extracts for the multiple Accounting systems to address any production issues.
- Serve as a technical lead for an agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Knowledge of securities, treasury & early funding accounting/Consolidation decision service preferred.
- Functional & technical skills to design, develop and enhance system based on business requirements.
- Strong simcorp dimension configuration skills required.
- Lead contractors and junior team members.
- Strong Unix, Oracle & PLSQL skills required.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 53574