Fannie Mae Careers
Cloud Data Engineer
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Develop, modify, or update applications used by the Single Family Analytics Group. Work on creating ETLs to retrieve, analyze, extract, transform and make the data available for data mining, analytical processing, research and decision support with the use of Business Intelligence Tools.
- Support migration of existent on premise Analytics processes to AWS and/or implementation of new processes in AWS.
- Support data integration process to new Enterprise Data Lake (AWS) and/or Enterprise data platforms that will replace current Oracle data warehouses.
- Conduct proof of concept of new technologies in different platforms such as AWS/Cloud, to help assess and evaluate new tools for implementation within the company and in support of the Analytics Group.
- Build and maintain ETLs (Informatica, Python, and SAS) and other data solutions to support business needs.
- Build and maintain high performance database solutions (i.e. Oracle, Netezza, AWS Postgres) to support Business Intelligence Tools performance (Tableau).
- Follow data governance and industry best practices.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of related experience
- Knowledge of Oracle and SQL
Must have hands-on experience with Hive, Spark, Python, UNIX scripting, SQL
- Experience in AWS cloud and big data eco system and tools
- Proficient technical aptitude in at least one of the following programming languages: SQL, R, C++, C#, Python, Java, or Scala, Spark
- Ability to learn new technologies/tools
- Knowledge of relational databases and/or data structure in support of data warehouses
- AWS certification desired
Nice to have DynamoDB, Redshift, Snowflake
- Informatica / Talend / Alteryx - able to develop and schedule ETLs
- Netezza - knowledge of Netezza to be able to create and design
- SAS, R, Linux, Unix -- basic knowledge of SAS, Unix and Linux
- Basic knowledge of Tableau
Req ID: 52997