Fannie Mae Careers
Strategy & Insights Project Lead
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
The Single Family Strategy and Insights group is a new team at Fannie Mae, working on the highest impact projects to drive change throughout the organization in pursuit of our corporate vision – to be America’s Most Valued Housing Partner. As a founding member of the team, you help define our role as we work on foundational strategy issues for the single family business - changing the way we interact with our customers, the market, and each other. With leadership from top–tier strategy consulting and a range of high performing financial institutions, the group provides a strong learning and mentorship environment for those looking to enhance their strategic thinking, consulting, and change management skills.
The Strategy and Insight Project Lead's core responsibility is to create impact in the organization by changing how we work. Project Leads will build relationships with team leadership and partners across the organization to identify high impact areas for investigation and prioritize the key questions that will inform a recommended course of action. Apply comprehensive knowledge of strategy principles, to synthesize customer research, robust data analytics, business modeling, and competitive / market intelligence, and implement long term business strategy. Working with senior executives on the team and in the business, project leads play an important role in translating those insights into innovative ideas for action and developing the communications to socialize, refine, and gain acceptance of those recommendations, as well as monitor results.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
Working independently and providing guidance to others, the Project Lead will:
o Establish independent relationships with senior business leaders
o Identify emerging trends that require strategic response
o Structure frameworks to investigate ambiguous strategic questions
o Own full projects / workstreams end-to-end that are critical to our transformation
o Collect and synthesize consumer, marketplace, and competitor trends needed to support analysis from multiple sources
o Build business cases for new products, policies, and marketing strategies and gain acceptance across the organization
o Establish metrics and measurement programs to define success for an initiative
o Be responsible for long-term implementation and measurement of agreed upon strategies
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- MBA or graduate degree preferred
- 6+ years of related experience
- Management consulting, investment banking, or internal strategy/business analysis experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience solving complex, ambiguous, and analytically challenging problems
- Strong organizational skills and good judgment; must be a team player, positive, flexible, and creative
- Excellent process management and planning skills
- Demonstrated change agent, creative thinker and problem solver
- Experience managing stakeholders at multiple levels - Strong relationship building and influencing skills
- Strong oral and written communication; demonstrated ability to communicate in a structured, precise and compelling manner
- Comfortable with independently managing work priorities in a dynamic environment
- Mortgage / financial services industry experience a plus
- Experience leading teams to achieve challenging goals is a plus
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 50256